Sunday, November 2, 2014

November Currently

I seem to have taken a leave of absence from my blog. I am going to do my darnedest to keep it going for this new year. Last year hit me hard, lots of problems at the work place that dragged me down. Now if I could just get a little peep in my step, I'll be posting regularly.

Thanks to Farley over at Oh Boy 4th Grade, I'm linking up this month. Please make sure to read the rules carefully when you link up.


I'm happy to tell my hubby does most of the cooking around here. Tonight I was in charge of the roast chicken, and I needed him to give me a few pointers. I know it's a basic meal, I just haven't done one in  a really long time. So I have gotten us a few recipe books recently from the library, and he has been having our daughter pick out some meals for him to make. Brilliant!

Boy, did Halloween just show up, slap me in the face, and then leave as quickly as it came! I'm glad it's over for another year. It seems to be the biggest celebration around for the kids, in my opinion. 

I need some alone time. I feel the week goes by in a flash, and the weekend is filled to the brim with responsibilities. Yes, I do realize I am an adult with a family and this is my life. But a few hours to just myself without anyone needing my help are needed. 

I think I'll stop there, and finish up with a positive note. I'm looking forward to next weekend to celebrate a close friends birthday. Nothing like hanging out with good company. 



5 comments:

  1. I just took a long absence from my blog, too! I think sometimes it's nice just to step away for awhile and then come back when you're ready! My husband is also the one who is pretty much in charge of cooking! Hope you'll enjoy the rest of your weekend!
    Stacy
    Funky Fresh Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a step back from the blog is a healthy thing. I hope you get that much needed break you need! Have a great week :)
    Storie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing wrong with a leave of absence! Honestly, we can't do it all! I totally agree about Halloween: to so many kiddos, it's bigger than Christmas. You are so lucky to have a husband who cooks! Enjoy that time with friends next week.

    Sally from Elementary Matters

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took a long break from blogging as well. We do what we need to do. It's always nice to get back to it though. Enjoy your November!

    Kristin
    Teaching In A Nutshell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the positive comments about returning to blogging! It's nice to know I'm not the only one that needed a break.
    Have a great month!
    Tarita

    ReplyDelete